Wednesday, July 11, 2007

What has the Comfortdoc/Griefdoc been doing?

Visitors and supporters of the The Journey of Hearts site will have noticed that the site has been pretty quiet for the last several years, since the birth of my youngest daughter.

While the site may have been quiet, I have been pretty busy. In the past several years I have experience the following major life events:

  • Birth of a second child who is also my NICU Survivor (Making me a former NICU Parent)
  • Moved to a New Town when my daughter was 5 months old.
  • Begun shifting my professional focus to teaching - Nutrition and Wellness and Grief, Loss and Bereavement Courses both at the College and Graduate levels.
  • Developed The Violet Heart Collection as an online business venture. (Also undergoing revision.)
I have also attained the following additional credentials, certifications and positions:
  • Certification Fellow in Thanatology from the Association of Death Education and Counselors. As far as I know I am the first physician to receive this designation.
  • Online Associate Adjunct Professor with Madonna University.
  • Certified in Online Teaching from Cerro Coso College and Madonna University.
  • Editor on the topic of Medicine for the Journal of Educators Online.
  • Founding Member of the Medical Wellness Association.
  • International Adviser of the Medical Wellness Association.
  • Editor for Medical Wellness Association Journal.
  • Executive Advisory Board for the American College of Wellness.
  • Served as the About.com guide for Death, Dying & Bereavement
Within the last few months I have undertaken the following projects: