On life's most difficult daysDuring difficult times or challenging time sometimes the best one can do or hope to do is just take life moment by moment.
all that we can do
is simply take things
Moment by Moment.Kirsti A. Dyer MD, MS, FT
TAKE CARE During Difficult Times
TAKE CARE has been developed as an acronym to be used as a to reminder to focus on the basics following a loss, death or significant life changing.
- Time that is needed to survive the grief.
- Avoid alcohol and other medications.
- Keep to some routine or schedule.
- Eat a balanced diet, focusing on healthy foods and water.
- Converse with others, especially those that have ‘been there’ and 'survived that.'
- Artistic ways of coping – journaling, building, crafting, knitting and others.
- Rest and Sleep are important coping strategies.
- Exercise to reduce stress and improve mood.
Photo Credit: Janet Goulden. Two Hearts. Royalty Free Use.