Monday, February 11, 2008

A Cleansing, Healing Candle Burning Ceremony

I was inspired by the post yesterday on Coping with Valentine's Day as a Single and remembering the cleansing Valentine's Burning Ritual (Boyfriend burning bonfire) conducted by Phoebe for Monica and Rachel to help them deal with the holiday.

I went in search to find a positive, healing candle burning ritual and remembered that I had created on for my friends several years ago. This would work for Valentine's Day, when you are coping w
ith a break-up or divorce. It would also work for any time that you would like to clear out the cobwebs of the past or manage a transition.

To do the candle ceremony yourself, read through the text, decide which passages you would like to use. Get the corresponding number of candles then recite the passages as you light the candle.


A Cleansing, Healing Candle Burning Ceremony

On this day…

I light a candle for harmony and transformation

so that past regrets, disappointments and losses no longer consume me.


I light a candle for understanding and compassion for all of humankind

for those who love me and for those who do not.


I light a candle for healing and cleansing my mind, body and spirit

so that my past no longer hides the wondrous essence of who I am.


On this day…

I light a candle for the insight to make wise decisions,

so that I can look to the future without regret.


I light a candle for the ability to confidently accomplish what is possible

and find the courage to accept whatever is beyond my control.


I light a candle for illumination to find my way through the darkness

and to light the way for others struggling in their own darkness.


On this day…

I light a candle for all of my hopes, wishes and dreams

and my abiding faith in believing they will come true.


I light a candle for empowerment and kindness

so that my heart is filled with light, love and happiness.


I light a candle for determination and strength

so that I can proceed on my life’s journey

in harmony and happiness with hope and a peaceful heart.

© 2000. Kirsti A. Dyer, MD, MS

This blessing was created as part of a Holiday Ceremony for two of my dear friends to help them find hope and love for the New Year. It was inspired by a poem written by Francesca Lindquist "Light a Candle of Hope" many years ago originally available at the Hope for Infertility Website.

For More about the Benefits of Candle Ceremonies see the World Candle Lighting Lens on Squidoo.

Image Source: Modified Microsoft Images.